Gosh can’t believe that summer is half over already. Trapping season will be upon us sooner then we think. We have created a new page called Useful Files where you can find useful guidebooks and other files about trapping in Ontario.
For now, there is a link to the guidebook about getting involved in forest management on crown lands in Ontario. Feel free to add it to your summer reading list! If you have any questions about what is in the guidebook feel free to bring it to the next trappers council meeting.
Getting Involved in Forest Management on Crown Lands in Ontario
Some upcoming events that you may be interested in:
June 10, 2016
- End of Season Reports are due!
August 26-27, 2016 (Friday and Saturday)
- Ontario Trappers Convention being held in Thunder Bay at the Neebing Arena and Vickers Heights Community Centre. We are not only putting a booth in but have volunteered to make the pancake breakfast on the Saturday morning – so come on out and see what we have on display and flip some pancakes! Volunteer before you’re voluntold!
September 11, 2016
- Greenstone Trappers Council meeting.
- Along with the usual meeting agenda we will also be hosting some fun events for the whole family such as: Water Boil, Trap Setting, Cross Cut, Cookie Toss, and a BBQ lunch!
- Fun starts at 11:30 at the Riverside Boat Launch/Campground (rain location Longlac Arena)